Monday 3 December 2012

Bus stop campaign

Over the last couple of weeks we have started petitioning for a bus shelter for the school. Andile, Morium, Ellie, Miss Farrar and I met councillor John McGhee and two bus companies, Stagecoach and Centrebus, to find out the means to get one for the school because we think it’d be a good development.
It was a bit difficult pitching our thoughts because we had to think financially and practically, we needed to think about the cost because the bus companies need to make money. Cllr McGhee has given us some money towards it which is a good start for us. The sixth formers have been informed about the campaign but we’re thinking of officially telling everyone about it using something like a PowerPoint presentation.
I’ve also been involved in the school basketball team this week, on Sunday we played against Ashby B at Market Harborough sports centre. We’ve also got a game this week against Bishop Stopford. It’s at home so it’d be great if people can come and support us.
Last week my tutor group made a PowerPoint about the ups and downs of Year 11 to help with this year’s Year 11. We’re going to work as a team to present it, we had to each make our own individual slide to make it more interesting. Apart from that I’ve been busy working on my exams for January and focusing on my psychology and English.
Being Head Boy has been interesting so far, I’m learning I need to be a role model for everyone. A lot of students come up to me and ask me things like where faculties are and some of them just come up and say hi. You get quite infamous around the school with lots of people saying ‘hey Head Boy’. It’s good because it shows people take the system of Head Boy and Head Girl seriously and know who we are.
- David

No comments:

Post a Comment